Monday, December 19, 2011

Antonia

Willa Cather in her novel My Antonia (yes, a signal phrase) offers her view of life during the pioneer time.


How would My Ántonia be different if it were told from Antonia's perspective?
The reader wouldn't know what the other people was thinking or feeling. knowing only what Antonia knew and feel.

How effective is Cather, a woman, at narrating a story from the point of view of a man? Does Jim sound like a man writing, or does the narrative sound like a woman pretending to be a man?
Sounded like a man writing the novel, some places it sounded like a woman pretending to be a man.

Why do you think Jim changed the title from Antonia to My Antonia?
because he loved and cared for Antonia a lot in the novel. it also made the reader think they would end up together

based on this, i recommend My Antonia to my Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment